~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

December 12, 2008

Christmas Time is Here...

Not long after Thankgiving, did I realize that in a few weeks Christmas was going to be here. (Dont even bother asking me if I am ready.) However, I have already been listening to Christmas music for a few weeks now, which drives Phil absolutely crazy. I grew up always having music on in the house, and especially around the holidays. I really enjoy listening to the Rat Pack, singing infamous Christmas songs, lounging and organizing things around the apartment, along with being able to relax with friends and family. This past weekend Phil and I went out and about to search for not only the perfect Christmas tree, but our very first Christmas tree together as a married pair! We looked over a few trees, but found the one that was honestly the most perfect tree. No bare spots, no random tree branches sticking way out, and no squirrels. Phil and I placed our tree in its stand, and just gazed at it. At this point, we had not even put the lights or ornaments on it yet. We were a bit apprehensive about how the cats were going to handle eveything the holidays were about to bring in. So far......so good. Chloe seems to enjoy the dirty water from the tree stand, and I have only found 2 ornaments on the floor. For kittens, they are doing an awesome job of staying out of Christmas tree trouble. After getting our tree, we went over to my moms to have a small family dinner. Its always nice to go home. I just always get that warm fuzzy feeling, that is sometimes hard to leave. (I often have to snap myself back to reality and realize I have a home of my own now.) When we got home, the tree was still standing to our relief. So as Phil turned on ESPN to watch the Bowl Picks, I started stringing on Christmas lights. Phil and I placed the ornaments on our tree, and laughed about how bare our tree still looked. However, we talked about exciting it will be to watch our tree ornament collection grow over the years to come. After all this is our first Christmas together :)

After decorating the tree and the apartment, such as placing lights around the windows and putting out decorations, I can now really and fully appreciate all of my moms effort and hard work that she did when it came to decorating for any holiday. I have come to realize how important it is to value and be thankful for all of the little and big things moms do to help make a house a home, especially for the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your tree. It's so pretty and it's real!!! I bet it smells really good. I'm gonna come live with you, because you take after your mom and you really know how to make a place feel homey. I'm living in boxes right now and it doesn't feel very Christmassy. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete