~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

March 24, 2009

Music and Poetry

Well I made it through another year and another March 22. It's been 6 years without Dad, and I have to say that it hasn't gotten easier. Some days feel harder than others, some days are okay. But there is definitely not a day that goes by that he doesn't cross my mind. There have always been certain songs that make me either A. Cry my eyes out or B. Smile when it comes to memories of my Dad. Heres a short top 10 list of what can trigger a pile of an emotional Casey:)
No Particular Order...

1. Raise Me Up- Josh Groban
2. Forever Young-Rod Stewart
3. What I Cannot Change-LeAnn Rimes
4. Very Last Country Song-Sugarland
5. It's Not Suppose to Go Like That-Rascal Flatts
6. Who'd You Be Today-Kenny Chesney
7. Days Like This-Van Morrison
8. Fire and Rain-James Taylor
9.Wonderful World/Over the Rainbow-Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
10. Let It Be- Beatles

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...Casey, I'm so sorry. No one should ever have to go through what you did, but you already know how I feel about it. I actually had 3 songs on a CD I have that I felt really fit your situation well and I was going to burn you a copy and put it in the mail about a week ago, but I decided not to. I didn't want to make you sad (even though they are songs of hope) if you were doing pretty okay. I can give you the Artists and Titles if you're interested. Love you girl and remember that your dad is forever with you. He'd be so proud of what you've accomplished in life.

    ReplyDelete