~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

March 15, 2009

Sunshine


I love the fact that I am sitting here on our living room floor with the sliding door and windows open! okay, so it's not 70 degrees out, but there is sunshine outside, and that is all that matters :) Spring is just right around the corner. I just finished grading some papers, and completing report cards (what a task!). So this means that there are only 9 weeks left of school until the kids are out for the summer! 9 weeks folks! It seems like I just got in the classroom, and I feel like I am just getting settled in with knowing the kids. Time has gone by so fast! M y goal for these next 9 weeks is to do my very best, whether its a great day, or a challenging day. God hasn't given me anything yet that I haven't been able to handle.




On a side note...It was Phil's 27th birthday on March 10. We kept it low key, and had a few friends over to eat some dinner, hang out and chit chat, and play some board games/Wii. I had some help with my mom for baking his birthday cake. I was really trying to get everything done, but by the time school let out and I actually finished half of my work, it was 4. So thankfully I called my mom when school got out and told her that I was planning on baking Phil a cake, but was running short on time. Being the good and supportive mom she is, she baked a cake for me. Which helped me out A LOT! So I snuck it home and frosted and decorated it. Over all Phil had a pretty good birthday. He got a ton of cards from friends and family. Me on the other hand, being a bad wife, did not get him a card, and I felt absolutely horrible! I swear, I need to take a time management class! Either that of find a way to add 3 hours to each day.
Phil getting ready to blow out his candles *Friends* Birthday Boy ;)

Anyways, enough babbling....I've got to finish weekly progress reports. I am going to Aunt Mariannes tonight for dinner, and for some helpful advice on how to teach poetry using Lucy Caulkins ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...your mom is such a good mom. So nice of her to bake Phil a cake. I feel ya on the time management thing! I swear I have no time to do anything anymore. I work from 8-6 everyday and am seariously slacking on my wifely duties! I haven't gone to the grocery store in like 3 weeks. Brett has started to help me out a lot though, so that's really nice of him. I'm glad you guys had a nice celebration for Phil's bday. Wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete