~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

January 6, 2009

Another Year...

Anther Christmas went by, and so did another year. Some days, weeks or even months go by so fast, I feel like I completely missed them. This Christmas was quiet, and different than any other one. Not being home, was one of the biggest changes I felt during the holidays. Even though Christmas was at Mom's, it just wasn't the same not living there. I made the best of it, and celebrated with the familiy, and the boys. They were really lucky this year. Nick and Nolan each got their own Wii system. Grandma spoils them, thats for sure! We spent the day relaxing, drinking wine, and watching Christmas Vacation. Which I still burst out laughing at each scene, as if it were the first time I had seen the movie. On Dad's side, I spent the day at Grandma's and Grandpa's. It was quiet there as well. Aunt Mar was in New York this year. But we caught up a little while later to celebrate. This year I got a few really cool "teacher" gifts. I got a paper cutter, you know for all the crafty projects, and even a small laminater. I absolutely love making projects. Now I can spend time doing them at home! I rang in my new year, at the Emporium. I worked both Christmas and New Year's Eve. Phil came to my work towards the end of my shift, so we could be together for when the ball dropped. By the time my day was over, and we had started a new year, I was exhausted. We spent an hour or so drinking wine and champagne at work then headed for home. Phil and I started our new year by relaxing on the floor eating a piece of chocolate cake I brought home from work, and chatting about 2008. Of course, Chloe and Buddy were right by our side giving us love, or probably just wanting a nibble of cake. Either way, it was a good way to bring in 2009. Life is good, and I have proof.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wish Marcia was my grandma. I could really us a Wii.

    ReplyDelete