~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

February 8, 2009

It'll All Work Out...



Somehow, one way or another, it will all work out. I really try to encourage myself every day to say this to myself. Whether it is to a student, Phil, or about a situation that is out of my control.





Today is yet another Sunday, which also means that the weekend has flown by. I was extremely excited to see the sun shining through my windows yesterday and today. Even though, I know winter isn't through its course yet, it was still nice to have the warmth of the sun inside the apartment. Recently I have found myself being so busy with school, teaching, grading, and organizing my life, I have barely had time for anything else. I know that life is a little hectic right now, but I am sure that it will all work out in the end. It is just going to take some time to get everything settled in and get things going on the right track. Sooo with that thought.......





I feel like posting a large bill board or posting in the newspaper apologizing to all of my former teachers for ever being a pain in their classroom. I have now come to realize how hard of a job teaching can be. It can really wear a girl out, mentally and physically. It has taken some time to understand the kids situations and life styles in 2009. I have become conscious of how different 9 year olds are today compared to when I was that age. So many things have changed, and not for the better. Sometimes I find myself feeling so helpless as a teacher, knowing how little of an impact I may have on their lives. I know that I am doing the best I can teaching my students their academics, but their lives entail so much more now-a-days. My students have gone through many diverse situations that I can not even imagine dealing with at 9 years old. I often find it hard to step away from the "motherly" and compassionate role and know when I need to be firm. I guess this sort of things will come with time and through some serious hands-on experiences. I just never thought that teaching would involve so many different aspects of these students lives on so many different levels. All I can ask for is that I make it through my day doing my job the best way I know how.

2 comments:

  1. you don't need to appologize to your teachers...you were a good girl. I remember. Maybe a little talkative...but you know.

    I was a butt-kissing-people-pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...you owe me an apology for distracting me so much in college!!!! lol just kidding. I think there is something missing from this blog. How about the fact that Casey works 2 jobs and 7 days a week. Yea that's a bit crazy, but I'm proud of you for doing what you gotta do to get somewhere in life. That's a lot more than I can say for some people in this country. Good job girl!!

    ReplyDelete