~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

May 24, 2009

Everyones Doing It!

Literally...everyone seems to be doing it.

Getting pregnant, or has already had a baby. Yesterday, I was browsing at Target, and caught myself wondering through the baby section. I was actually looking for something for a friend, Mandy. Well, I started to wonder what it would be like if Phil and I were to start a family. It seems like every where I turn, someone I know is pregnant. I cant believe Mandy is pregnant...still! And she told me this information awhile ago. I just still am so excited for her!
I want to have a baby in the near future, but know that I am just not quite ready for everything to come with our little addition. I just want things to be more stable in our life, especially with hoping to buy a house soon. We will have been married a year on June 7. It seems like some of the people that I know haven't even been married 6 months. To me, I wish I could be in their shoes, and have a house along with being more financially stable. I would love to get pregnant, but the only thing holding me back is my future plans for living. I do not want to bring our baby home to an apartment. I want to bring our baby home to a well...a home. For now, it seems like things will be put on hold until life gets itself together. At least Phil and I know we have full time teaching jobs. Nowwww...if I can just get my husband to be a better saver!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's very smart of you to wait to have a baby until you have a house. Although the baby probably wouldn't mind living in your apartment, it will be increasingly hard to save $$$ for a house once you have a kid. On the other hand, I wanted to wait to have a kid until we were completely financially stable, but my parents told me that I end up waiting forever then. Fortunately everything started falling together pretty well for us after we found out we were pregnant. I think God was watching out for us.

    Oh, and I've got a belly update for you. At 14 weeks pregnant, I'm officially into those wonderful maternity pants that at this point in time, go up to my boobs. I have to wear my bella band to keep them up, but they are soooooooo comfortable!! I bought a new shirt that is more loose and flowy (the typical prego shirt) instead of my normal fitted ones and it makes me look more pregnant rather than fat. We get to find out what we're having in another 6 weeks, so that's exciting!! I'll make sure Aunt Casey knows as soon as we find out. Love ya girl!!

    Good luck with the saving, I know it's hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What mandy said about waiting until your financially ready to start a family is a true statement. I was a honeymoon baby and was the best thing that happened to my parents. There is no time like the present!

    NO :) I'm just teasing ya. You'll know when the timing is right...or maybe God will be like, "POOF! I want Casey is pregnant"...then the next month you'll be like "YIKES... we really weren't planning it. But Surprise! I'm pregnant!' --

    Happens all the time : )

    Lata Gata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..you guys are so helpful! I swear, it seems like we will never be able to catch up in this world, esp. with both of us on teacher pay ;) You never know what could happen...but I think waiting at least for a little while is the plan for now :) Thanks for your input and honest advice! Love it!

    ReplyDelete