~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

June 1, 2009

Little Get-A-Way

It is coming up on Phil and I's first year anniversary. Last year, after our wedding, we did not get the chance to take a small vacay or honeymoon. We were hired in to teach in the Bilingual Summer School program. And unfortunately, summer school started about 1 week after we were hitched. However, as a wedding gift, my aunt and uncle gave Phil and I a gift certificate to a bed and breakfast in upper MI. It was nice, and kind of just what we needed. School had just been let out for summer, so this was the perfect way to start our summer, and celebrate our anniversary a little early. I must say, I have never done this sort of bed&breakfast thing before, so I was a little anxious. Phil kept telling me to relax. I guess I just feel the need to always stay busy. We got a couples massage, and drank plenty of wine. We went shopping up by the harbor, had some really nice dinners, and were not tied down to a schedule. (I feel like this is why I was a little uneasy, ....I'm a planner) So here are a few pics from our room, the massage room, and other random ones.
And...Yes that is Pokey. We bought him on our trip.....long, but entertaining story. Maybe for another blog...who knows!














Phil on the porch






M is for Massage :)













Our Room




















This is where we sat and enjoyed our
wine during the Inn's happy hour every day!
Who doesn't love free wine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment