~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

June 2, 2009

House Pet for the Summer

Introducing.......... Shelly
Shelly has moved into our office for the summer. She is Phil's classroom pet turtle. At first I was really dreading this whole turtle thing. The first thing I thought to myself was, "I am probably going to be the one feeding it, making sure its taken care of, the water temp. is staying normal, etc." Turns out, shes really not all that hard to maintain. Im really glad she is low-maintence. Shelly and I are getting along really well. She's pretty social. I have been re-decorating her living space. I added a few rocks donated from Mom's backyard, and giving her some extra treats. The tank she is in now is much smaller than the one Phil has in his room. The one in his room is huge, like a 60 gallon or something. So I am trying to make sure feels welcome and doesn't get sassy, especially with the cats. I think she is fitting in quite nicely, and think she is enjoying a little R&R from a noisy classroom.
So, here she is.






2 comments:

  1. Hey there Shelly! What a pretty lady. I'm sure she's enjoying her stay at your apt. and probably won't be getting sassy anytime soon. You should make he a necklace or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...maybe a shell necklace. Haha..okay I will stop before my nerdy humor goes any further ;)

    ReplyDelete