~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

June 13, 2009

Casey's Little Pet Shop


Well, as of right now, I am supporting my husband, my 2 cats, Phil's classroom turtle, and dog-watching Rachels puppy while she is out of town. What have I gotten myself into???


Let's just say this has been quite an experience so far! Mollie, is the cutest puppy, and I believe is only about 5 months old. I have grown up in a household that only had cats. At the age of 4, we took in Lucky. And since then, thats all I have owned. Dogs are so completely different.
I haven't slept too many hours in the past 2 days. I am so paranoid with Mollie around. I am just not used to having something always following me. I am always checking to see if she if she needs to go out. I swear she finds things on the floor that the vacuum doesn't even find. Yesterday I was in the office doing some work when she brings me my bra and a tank top. I'm like, "What the heck Mollie?!" So last night, I went to PetSmart after going out to dinner with a few girls from college. I was on a mission to find this girl some things to chew on! Rachel brought over a couple of things, but she is definitely more interested in the cats things. Chloe and Buddy are very protective of their mice, feathers, and etc. And so I bought her a few things, and they really seem to be distracting her from the other stuff.
And not to mention, 2 cats. They are doing fairly well, but they watch their distance from Mollie. Mollie is so innocent and just wants to play, but I guess my "kids" are just acting to sophisticated or sassy.
I can say I have had a lot of fun playing fetch with her and going on walks, something you can't really do with cats. I mean yooouuu coouuullddd, trust me on this one! They do have strollers for cats, and if I were rich, my babies would totally have one! :)

So this morning after taking Mollie out, feeding the animals like I was filling a troft, I sat down to watch some Snapped! When I asked Phil if he had fed the turtle and turned on its UV light. Anyone want to guess what his response was? I'm sure that you are right, it was no. So when I went in to take care of Shelly, I just ended up cleaning up her tank and filter. It wasn't that bad, I just don't want things to start smelling funny :/

So all in all, life has been a little crazy lately. (I think I am running on a lot of caffeine.) Just don't ask me to take care of any more animals right now, because my heart will just say Yes. I love the "babies" and wish I could give all animals a good place to live. So if you don't own one yet, you should :) The best part about owning a pet is that the love you give to it, will always come back to you. And that's a guarantee folks!

1 comment:

  1. I would agree, pets are the best. I love my dogs, but Patsy can be a real brat sometimes. She gets really bad seperation anxiety when we leave for work all day and she has chewed up all the trim in my laundry room!!! And my kitchen cabinets when I left her in there. She never does it when I'm home, so I'm not sure how to stop her. Grrrr...but I love them still. They give me so much love it makes me overlook the bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete