~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the mindst of those things and still be calm in your heart." unknown

July 24, 2009

Opposites

Over the past 2 months, it has been very nice to have some time off from teaching.

.......However, I am so ready to get back in the classroom, get my room ready for 1st grade, and rearrange things! I was so pumped when I saw school supplies out in the stores! C'mon I need to set up my tepee in my reading center! And organize all my centers and decorate! This to me is better than Christmas and my birthday! :D

On the other hand, my husband, is not. Dont get me wrong, he really loves teaching, but on a different level than I do. I think he just doesn't want his summer days to end. I think he just wants to enjoy summer a little longer before heading back to school.

These couple of months have been really crazy on our relationship. I found out that it has been pretty tough having the same exact schedule as your spouse. As for me, I enjoy my "me" time, my independence, an on-the-go daily schedule, and keeping busy with random ideas and crafty things. I love to clean and organize. I am always finding myself picking up or rearranging something. I have started 2 scrap books this summer. (1 of Phil and I/family and friends, and another one of our wedding) I have also been working on gathering things for my classroom, and trying to organize my ideas for the year. See..Im tellin ya, I just like to keep busy.


However, my lovely husband, and trust me I love him to death, but well......he's just the opposite. He spends most of his time watching TV...(which ugh..I can not see how people waste their time watching so much TV.) Is my husband the only one that still watches cartoons on a daily basis? :/ He's been hooked on playing Punch Out, and playing his PSP. Now I do understand that it is summer after all, but goodness can a girl get a little help now and then? Phil does help when I ask him to, and does little things here and there. But I swear there are some days where I just want him to pick up or do something with out me asking! I have to be honest, he has gotten a little bit better. (But still room for improvement!) I am not asking for him to sweep, clean the bathroom, dust everyday, or even fold every load of laundary. But its the little things that help out over all.

I just can not wait for us to get back to school, so we have some time apart from each other. That way, at the end of the day we have something to talk about. And not already know what each other has done all day. Thank goodness Myrtle Beach is only 4 days away!

So bottom line:

I just want to know if I am the only wife out there who feels this frustration? haha :)
Phil engrossed in a WVU football DVD.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, you are NOT alone. We love our husbands to death, but when it comes to house work they are not experts in that area. I send Brett out to mow the lawn and he ends up being out there for like 4 hours. What would he do if he had to clean the entire house?! Goodness. Isn't there some kind of training school we can send them to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the opposite. He is never home because he works too much and when he is he's doing this I forgot to do! If he see's something needs to be done he does it before i get a chance to. That will drive ya nuts too! Just proves, there isn't a perfect man. haha.

    ReplyDelete